Monday, April 25, 2011

Infant Taggie Toy

This is something I have seen and there are a ton of tutorials for it. It is a taggie toy. For those of you who don't know what this is it is a piece of fabric with bits of ribbon that are sewed onto the edges of different textures and sizes that babies tend to chew on.
I found 2 pieces of cloth. If you don't have any new fabric you can use used clothing. I chose a piece of scrap flannel and a scrap of cotton for two different textures. I had some ribbon on hand because I was going to make a binki/pacifier clip for a friend of mine who has a foster baby with a trache who keeps pulling at her cords now that she's older.
I chose to make one that had a crinkly sound and there are two ways you can do this. You can get cellophane wrap or you can use material like the bags diaper wipes come in or potato chips. I used the potato chip bag seeing I had one.
Anyhow, when you lay your fabric out (wrong sides together) you put the tags (ribbons) in between so that they'd be sandwiched against the right sides of the fabric. You can also cut and pin the potato chip bag or whatever you choose to use to the outside of the fabric. Sew almost all the way around your shape (I did a square) and the turn it right side out. The tags should be sticking out of the sides. Then you sew up the opening and then just for good measure you can see I did a zig zag stitch around for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment