Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ideas for Sensory Tubs and Bins

One of the things that brought me two or minutes of quiet from my SPD son has been through tubs or bins of 'stuff' that he can put his hands through. Sometimes it is hard to come up with cheap ideas.
Here are some objects I have laying around my house that could be used. Containers for these could consist of shoe boxes, plastic bins, empty containers washed out, pans, pots, ect. Make sure that some of the containers you get have lids especially if the contents are messy.

Noodles
Rice
Sunflower seeds
Shaving cream or whipping cream
Homemade snot (I need to find a good recipe)
Sand
Dirt from outside
Moon Sand
Marbles
Gak
Scrapes of fabric
Beans
Vinegar and baking soda
Water
Oatmeal
Peanut Foam (if they won't eat it)

No comments:

Post a Comment