Sunday, February 6, 2011

Red Lighting Can Help Sleep

I am not sure why this works but I was given advice from a psychiatrist and I'll pass it along as it might help someone with a kid struggling to go back to sleep. We all face kids who have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Lights get turned on and when this happens and you change the lighting you can disrupt the melatonin. (I am not a scientist or a doctor so I can't explain it any better than this.) Anyhow, a study was done and it showed that if the lighting that was turned on was red that it didn't disrupt the sleep cycle near as much as it did if it was regular lighting allowing a person to go back to sleep quicker. It might be worth a try for someone. We have not needed to at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment